2005 to 2010 Adteractive, Inc San Francisco,
Senior Network Administrator
- Assisted in roll out of cfengine as primary
management interface for servers in collocation
- Configured and managed a storage area network
with redundant brocade switches, EMC Clariion CX700,
Celerra network attached storage device, and
connected hosts utilizing PowerPath, multi-path
- As part of a large team of Administrators and
Network Engineers, I coordinated a highly available
web server farm with a peak throughput of more that
- Assisted in the buildout of a new cage doubling
the available rack space and saving more than
$1,000/month in power, rent and expenses.
- Manage a trouble ticket queue, providing support
to a community of more than 150 users.
- Successfully instituted Border Gateway Protocol
and HSRP for system failover on Cisco 4948
- Day-to-day administration of a 200 node site
utilizing RedHat enterprise Linux version 4 and 5,
Suse Enterprise Linux version 9, djbdns and assorted
patches, several mail relays running postfix with
failover managed by netscaler 9000 load balancers,
and juniper netscreen firewalls.
- My duties include migrating stage DNS from
tinydns to bind 9 on XEN 3.0.3 with centos 4.4
2005 to 2005 Openwave Corporation, Redwood City,
- As part of a large team of Administrators and
Network Engineers, I helped manage more than 2,500
servers in a diverse environment.
- As a member of the DNS consolidation committee, I
prepared the phone.com and software.com zones for
sale. This entailed consolidating more than 5,000
records in each zone and analyzing thousands of
machines for residual dependencies.
- As a lead tech in the server consolidation
program, I eliminated more than 500 redundant server
systems, saving the company tens of thousands of
dollars per month.
- Working in the new San Francisco Data Facility, I
supervised and organized the build out of 330 racks,
more than 10,000 cables, hundreds of electrical
drops, and related issues.
- Coordinated the installation and configuration of
Cyclades console servers, remote reboot strips and
KVM over IP units throughout the facility for
2002 to 2005 Fastmetrics San Francisco, CA
Senior Network Administrator and Network
- Senior Administrator in charge of major network
servicing 10,000 customers in 24x7 high availability
- Setup NIS/NFS infrastructure for consolidated
logon system with significant integration to front
end accounting package, and Network Appliance NAS
- Pioneered new outsourced dialup solution
consolidating modem pools and saving >$2000/month.
Created new RADIUS servers and migrated users without
- Designed new fail over system for T1's enabling a
new product offering.
- Designed and carried out Voice over IP network
for transcontinental multi-office system.
- Built Web server cluster utilizing LAMP and
created automation scripts to simplify roll out of
new web servers.
- Successfully transitioned to a multi-homed BGP
environment for the ISP.
- Trained Jr. Systems Administrators in Cisco
router configuration, UNIX user administration and
miscellaneous administration duties.
2001 to 2002 Wilson Consulting San Francisco, CA
- Built out network for internet café and
dialup ISP Running IIS web server and multiple
outsourced dialup providers with pass-through radius
server. Many sub tasks including the following:
- Configured web surfing machines as secure
- Configured secure radius server using OpenBSD and
- Configured NTMail and Qmail for 500 users.
- Instituted firewall using Solaris and IPF in
2000 to 2001 Taos Consulting at Navis, LLC Oakland
Unix Network Administrator
- Created three servers to perform NIS, name
service, and DHCP.
- Installed LDAP server for internal directory and
- Assisted in complex ISP migration involving
routing, firewalls, mail relay, and secure web server
- Configured Tiara networks Multiplexer.
- Setup three mail servers running Sendmail 8.10,
8.11.1 and 8.9.3 for internal mail relay.
- Upgraded FreeBSD 2.8 to 4.2.
- Configured NIS master running under AIX 4.31 and
central log host running SunOS 4.1.
- Created new secure proxy server for shell and FTP
access running RedHat 6.2.
- Managed trouble ticket queue.
2000 to 2001 Taos Consulting at The Man.Com San
Unix Systems and Network Administrator
- Provided 24/7 web site production support in 100
- Installed Mandrake 7.0, 7.1, Solaris 2.6, 7, 8
(x86/sparc), RedHat 6x, Qmail 1.03, Sendmail 8.9.3,
dhcpd, Apache 1.3.12, Amanda, bind, NFS, Java servlet
engines, Bluestone Saphire, Locomotive, Resin.
- Instituted backup system using SpectraLogic
TreeFrog tape robot w/Veritas Netbackup.
- Developed VMware system running Linux to simulate
- Configured and installed Sun E4500s and Cisco
- Gained hands on experience with BGP and HSRP for
fail over and redundancy.
- Implemented T1 channel bonding, and PPP
1999-2000 First World Communications San Francisco,
- Responsible for dedicated customers involving
installations and configuration of CPE, such as Cisco
routers and CSU/DSU, inside wiring, and
- Installed T3 cables and circuit boards for Cisco
- Managed modem pool supporting over 60,000
customers using Cisco AS5300/5200 and Portmaster 3s
- Configured ISDN, channelized T1s, PRIs, and
- Installed MRTG under FreeBSD to monitor 75
routers and dialup remote access servers.
- Rolled out Portmaster 4s in 10 major cities,
meeting a two week deadline.
1998-1999 Sirius Connections San Francisco, CA
DNS Administrator and NOC Support
- Registered and maintained 5000 domains.
- Modified zone files.
- Provided mail and dial-up support.
- Responsible for the administration of accounts
(added users and modified passwords).
- Performed trouble-shooting duties for DSL